Yippee!!! It Blogger's Quilt Festival time!!!

A huge thanks to Amy of Amy's Creative Side for organising such a fun event and also to the wonderful sponsors of the Festival!! And thank You, lovely reader, for stopping by and taking the time to look at my quilt.


Without further ado I'd like to introduce you to my Whirlwind Romance quilt.


It was love at first sight when I saw French General's Lumiere de Noel fabric with its luscious reds, dreamy creams and romantic toiles. I knew I had to make something with it, but what?



The perfect opportunity arose whilst on a sewing retreat, in a class where Chris Jurd was teaching her Friendship Circle quilt. The center circle and dresdens are all made with one layer cake. Here are some medallions that others made that weekend. I love all the different colour combinations!!


I cut my strips narrower than the pattern so my center is quite busy but I like the movement it has. To me it's as though the couple dancing in the center are so lost in a moment that everything around them is a swirly blur. Okay, I know I'm a romantic... sigh...


Whirlwind Romance has been beautifully custom quilted by Tanya Croft. I just got it back last weekend so it's hot off the presses!! Tanya did such a wonderful job of enhancing the piecing and fabrics and giving it another dimension of patterns and textures. ( Thanks Tanya!)

It's 80 by 80 , perfect size for our bed but I can just imagine a romantic spring picnic with strawberries and champagne, French of course!

I love listening to music when I sew and to say I have broad tastes is an understatement. While I was sewing this quilt I had a hankering to listen to Mozart. The Magic Flute performed by the London Philhamornic Orchestra became the soundtrack for this quilt. And yes, I do sing along... but only when I know no one is listening. :)

I'd better stop chatting and let you go and have a look at the other Festival quilts. There's lots of lovelies to see!! It's going to be a fun week!

Cheerio


Amy's Creative Side